The Department of Periodontics was started with the B.D.S program in 1959 and M.D.S. course was started in the year 1972 with 2 PG seats and the number was increased to 3 PG seats in 1992 and 4 PG seats in 2012 respectively. The Department of public health dentistry was under the Dept of periodontics till 2012.
IMPORTANT MILESTONES ACHIEVED
The Implant system equipment was implemented in the Department in the year 2002 and continuing till date.
The treatment with laser started in the year 2009 and continuing till date. Surgical and nonsurgical treatments are carried out with laser. Many researches have been done in laser.
Peizosurgery started in the year 2011. Many surgeries are being done with the peizosurgical unit.
Surgical procedures are being done under microsurgical loops from 2013 onwards.
Blood and blood related equipments
Surgical procedures with PRF was started from the year 2012 and continuing till date. The newer advancement of automatic PRF centrifuge is also available in the department.
The department is equipped with a Department Library and computer terminals with Printer, Scanner, LCD projector and also Internet facility. The Department regularly conducts and participates in CDE programs where topics of academic interest are discussed.